Friday, October 21, 2011

dinner before breakfast




(sorry for my bad photos, i misplaced my camera!)

I'm making maple tempeh with sprouted sunflower and olive bread from avalon, for sammy's. but in the meantime, I thought i would start soaking some garbanzo beans for something later and i found this recipe that cracked me up:



I’ll admit right up front, I’m not sure I’m going to do this one again. Sure, these garbanzos are better than canned. But 12-hours-of-lead-time better? I’m not sure about that.

Maybe I’ll try some in soup. Hmm … time to go look up some recipes …

Oops, sorry, drifted off for a second there. So anyway,

(this is the best part)
if you don’t mind starting on dinner before you’ve had breakfast, (ha! so true!) here’s how to do it.

If you grew up seeing chick peas on the salad bar, yes, we’re talking about the same thing. Well, probably. There are actually several related varieties of beans: Garbanzos (Spanish), Ceci (Italy), Chiche (France), Chana / Bengal Gram (India). See Clove Garden for pictures and descriptions of the difference. The ones I’m using here are the Kabul type.

If you’ve soaked beans before, you don’t have to actually measure things. But since this was my first time, I decided to follow the guidelines. So, one cup of beans.




to read the rest, go here: coollikeyourgrandmother.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails