Sunday, August 23, 2009

looking for my match

So today I've been thinking about furniture. Yesterday I bought this little table at an estate sale, and unfortunately did not have the money to buy the coffee table to match it.. Or even more so, we didn't have the room in our car because between the three of us we bought: a couch, three chairs, a bookshelf, my table, vintage dresses, a carry-on bag and dishes. So I'm sad now that I didn't get both because I'll need to find something that works. So I've been looking online and have found and been reminded of other pieces of furniture that I'd love to have. I really need to redecorate my house. I have so many ideas but too many mismatched eras in my house. How do people on Design Sponge do it??



Here are some other things I'd like to have. The Eames rocker will be perfect in my baby room. :)







lw- this arch lamp isn't the one we always talk about, like the one below... but it's only $199 from here.



these chandeliers are from here. I don't really like the brassy part, but it's the closest one I could find to the vintage ones I like. I like the even smaller ones that just cover the light, too.



This isn't furniture, but I found this on Design Sponge and thought it was a great idea. My friend, L* found some other really nice ideas for making wine bottle oil lamps. She has a collective on a table outside and it's pretty all together. This one is more like a tiki torch. click here to learn how to make your own.


I love this little set-up (from D*S) too. It would be so nice to wake up and read, drink orange juice and look out the window at this sweet, lil' table. Although I think I want a more rustic table. I'll see if I can find the one I like...





I think I would prefer it straight and more narrow, but thick pieces of stained wood. We saw one once at Crate & Barrel but it's long gone now. z really liked it too. This one is from Viva Terra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails