Monday, August 17, 2009

three things


I have three random things to show you, that I like. 
The first are these bride's shoes that I thought were really cute, especially when I put them in the grass. the contrast of the two, in their bright colors is really pretty. And I like that she didn't wear white shoes. 

The second is this wallpaper, which I love, that is in the girls bathroom at the Detroit Scarab Club. It's pretty old and it's still beautifully colored and intact. It reminds me of Florence Broadhurst. I read her biography, which has full page photos of her designs! And her story is amazing! You should pick up this book: Florence Broadhurst: Her Secret & Extraordinary Lives
Here's a couple of her designs and her book, before I share the Scarab Club's wall..


The baby room photo is from Walnut Wallpaper, which has tons of great wallpapers: 


Ok, here's the Scarab Club paper, finally: 



And the third thing (which isn't really the third anymore) is this chair. Jane Aldridge and her mother decided to start a fundraiser for Cook Children's Hospital by auctioning off these vintage chairs, painted by their young patients. It's so sweet and such a brilliant idea... I LOVE it. You can by these on ebay! Click here to read more------> Sea of Shoes Chairity.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails